Today on the blog, destination wedding planner Lily of the valley shared with us 5 practical tips to plan your special Day in Greece. Some weeks before i had the pleasure to present you her magnificent wedding in Athens, if you missed it click here. Grab a pen and paper, you'll want to take notes on this!
In reference to my experience as wedding planner, I have gathered a list of 5 practical tips to plan your special Day!
1. Enjoy your wedding, loosen up and have a blast! It’s your special day so don’t fret over your guests having fun. The day passes by in a flash and you will not want to miss those precious moments in which you are the center of attention and surrounded by your loved ones.
2. No detail is too small! Your wedding should be the reflection of your personality. Seal your personal mark on all things starting with the choice of colors, theme, flowers, dresses, stationary favors, songs, ribbons, jewelry box to tableware. Express your self by making your wedding as memorable and unique as possible.
3. Limit your guest list! Make it all about your loved ones. Try not give in to outside pressure by inviting relatives you hardly ever see, business connections or distant family friends. Remember this day is all about you having the time of your life and you getting to choose who will be sharing your joy. Trimming down the guest list is also the best way to reduce wedding expenses.
4. Photography is crucial! Yes photography is the holy grail of your wedding. So make sure you hire a talented photographer and allocate a respectable budget for this purpose. Remember that photos tell your story long after the wedding is over. Forever afterwards, you will admire your pictures and share them with your children and next generations to come.
5. Last but not least is the choice of your wedding venue! Listen to your intuition and opt for a place that makes your heart drop. With a beautiful setting, you can easily cut expenses on decoration and flowers. The beauty of the place will speak for itself and will be the perfect backdrop for your portrait pictures.
Photography: Anna Roussos | Stationary & favors: Love me do | Wedding cake & sweets: Pavlov’s lab
Photography: Anna Roussos | Planning & styling: Lily of the Valley | Wedding dress: Nathalie Karam | Bride shoes: The Seller | Make-up: Claire Beauty Spa | Hair: Dimou Themistoklis | Stationary & favors: Love me do | Calligraphy: Lena Septemvri | Florals: Secret Garden | Catering: Intercatering | Furniture rental: Stylebox | Napkin rentals: White Lilac | Lighting & Sound: Party mobile services | Wedding cake & sweets: Pavlov’s lab | Marquee letters: Letter and Co | Venue: The Nasioutzik Museum